I was sent a couple of OMG Nail Strips to review a few weeks ago. I chose their cheetah print and British flag nail designs. One of them is the typical nail stickers that you often see from OPI and Sally Hansen, while the other one is made of foil!! The nail foil is super shiny and awesome, but I will save that one for another post probably next year in January.
How do you use these strips? Here are the directions that I received:
- Clean and manicure nails and cuticles prior to applying nail strips.
- Peel nail strips from the flat side of the strip, the rounded side will be placed just above your cuticles. (If you have shorter nails you may want to cut the nail strips to length leaving about 3/4″ hanging off the tip of your nail)
- Place the round side of the nail strip at the base of your cuticle, applying pressure from the middle of the cuticle press around in one direction and then the other.
- Holding the nail strip at the cuticle base stretch the nail strip over the tip of the nail while smoothing out any creases on the side of the nail.
- Using a cuticle pusher tuck the nail foil in along the cuticle base.
- Hold your nail so it is facing up and with a thin nail file, filing in a (downward only) direction remove the excess nail foil from the tip and around the sides of your nail.
- Now that your nail foil is applied use a hair dryer on high heat and your finger to smooth out any remaining imperfections. (for Nail Polish Stickers heat is not necessary)
Inside of the package, there are two sets of nail strips, one for each hand with seven different sizes. Most of these sizes are too big for my finger nails, so I have to use the smaller ones. But I really don’t mind this too much because it gives me more nail sticker to work with for designing.
Applying the nail strip to your nail is super easy. I thought it would be difficult and I was slightly dreading having to use it, but it’s actually very quick to do! Much faster than applying nail polish and it’s also a great change to see this type of design on my nails. What I was worried about was having to cut the nail strips to fit my nails. I didn’t really have to cut much because all you have to do is find a nail strip that fits your nail width the best.. then you fold the excess tip over the edges of your nail and use a nail file to file downwards. This basically shaves/rips off the excess nail strip from your nail, leaving you with a super clean cut around your nails.
The nail strips are also very easy to cut with scissors. I used the excess length of my used nail strips to create french tips and to also make cross cut outs. I also decided to add some caviar beads to my nail design. Here are the beads that I choose to use, purple and pink!
I was so tired while I was working on my nails that I totally wasn’t thinking and I dipped my clear nail polish brush into my tiny jar of pink caviar beads! OMG, lol
So once I finished adding the caviar beads to my left hand.. This is what it looked like. I was too lazy to do my right hand since it was time for me to go to sleep.
Ok, now that you have seen my nails with the caviar beads… What do you think about them without it on my right hand?
I kind of have a love hate with these nails.. Not sure if I like them with the beads or without the beads. I feel like the beads do add a nice touch to it though. I thought about adding some crystals, but decided not to make it too complicated. Originally, the nail with the cross was supposed to be on top of black nail polish.. But I can’t seem to find any good black nail polishes in my collection. Looks like I have to get more!
OMG Nail Strips: Cheetah Nail Polish Strips Overall Rating: ★★★★★
- I would purchase this product and totally recommend it to friends
- Great if you want to get your nails done fast
- No drying time
- Customizable – which is why this product seems worth it to me
- The nail strip sizes are a big large, which you might consider a downside.. but to me it’s an upside because it’s more sticker to play with
- It’s almost fool proof~ even if you suck at arts and craft, it’s kind of hard to make your nails look bad
- The designs are cute and go well with the look I am going for
What do you think about my nails? Do you think I should finish my nails and add the caviar beads to my right hand too? Have you ever used nail strips before?
Have you entered my Naughty or Nice Giveaway yet? If not, what are you waiting for!