Not to long ago, I was contacted by Russell Organics to review products from them. I was actually quite excited to work with them since they are a friendly certified cruelty free and vegan company.
Here’s a little bit about Argan Oil for those of you who are new to it:
- Pure Argan Oil can stand alone without fillers, masking, or additives
- Oil must be in a jar to offer fantastic benefits
- Versatile, can be used on hair as a conditioner and scalp treatment, on skin as a moisturizer, and on nail beds as a nail oil
- Cost effective as you only need a few drops per use
Some noteworthy information on Russell Organics and their Argan Oil Product:
- Highest quality level of Argan Oil in the market
- Oil comes from the highest standards of sources
- Gold standard for pure Argan Oil
- Featured in countless media outlets
- 100% pure Argan Oil, no toxins, no additives
- Certified Cruelty Free and Certified Vegan
The bottle design is quite simple. It’s everything you would expect for a oil container. Basic bottle with a twist off cap that is also a drop applicator. Also what’s great about the size of this product is that it can be carried onto airplane flights since it meets the TSA travel requirements! I like to travel a lot so its perfect for me. I’ve been carrying this product with me to and from work and it has never leaked a single droplet. The bottle is absolutely sealed tight so that you never have to touch an oily container (I really hate when other products do this)!
You really don’t need a lot of this product depending on what you are using it for. Since it is multipurpose, you can use it for your hair, nails, or skin. That’s just about everything that you would need it to do! This is another reason why it is great for traveling since it is an “all-in-one” in a tiny bottle.
To be honest, I’ve been using this product mostly for my face.. so I only need about 1 drop per each large area of my face. One drop on each cheek, one drop on my forehead, one drop for my chin, and one tiny drop for my nose and upper lip. Since I need so little, I don’t even bother using the drop applicator and instead, I just shake off the excess oil from the drop applicator and tap some of the remaining oil from the outside of it directly onto my face.
I can see how the drop applicator is useful for when you want to apply the oil to your hair or nails.. but yes, it is not necessary for your face since you need so little of it!!!
So far I have been using this product on my face for about 2-3 weeks. I know, I know.. your probably thinking… “WTF – your putting oil on your face!?” well.. yea, I am, and guess what, I LOVE IT. It has become my primary source for moisturizing my face since I ran out of my Clinique gel moisturizer over a month ago. Get this, not only does this oil moisturize my face, but it does a good job in balancing the elasticity of my skin. Also, my skin is no longer over producing oils in my T-zone. Thank you!
I have tried this product on my nails and hair as well. It’s pretty good, but I don’t need that much help in those departments, lol.
Below in the first photo are two drops of the Argan Oil on my hand. The photo below that one is after I gently rubbed the oil over the surface of my hand. The texture of the oil is just great because you can really feel that there is moisture locked into your skin. Also, it is NOT the greasy, slimy, nasty feeling that you would expect oil to be like after applying it to your skin. Instead it leaves a nice dewy healthy glow. My skin has never looked better!
Russell Organics Argan Oil (2 fl. oz.) Overall Rating: ★★★★★
- Would I purchase this product again? Hell yea!
- Great for the face! Really! It doesn’t make me break out at all and has improved my oily T-zone
- This is a great price for what it does (hair, nails, skin.. lol and my face)
- You need so little oil to get the job done, I think my bottle will last me a couple of years!
- Awesome for those who travel a lot or like to carry products around in their purse
- Great bottle design, and won’t spill no matter how you dump it into your bag (but don’t be dumb and make sure the cap is tight)
- Who doesn’t like cruelty free and vegan products? Thats totally a plus in my book!
- Not greasy or slimy.. none of that! Dries on smooth so that you can hop right back onto your computer keyboard without making it shiny.
- Really locks in moisture
- Anyways, there are too many reasons for why this product deserves five stars, you’ll just have to try it out yourself!