** UPDATE // The nail polish remover is a piece of sh*t and was only able to remove one nail. These nail strips were NOT easy to remove. It probably took me at least 1.5 hours to remove all 10 nails. Unlike normal nail polish that wipes off like paint, these nail strips wipe off like glue. The upside of these nail strips is that they last a long time. I had mine for almost a full month and they still look like new. I could have probably kept them on for longer, but I just got tired of seeing the same design. Another thing to note is that these nail strips are so strong that it helps keep your nails from breaking or tearing at the sides. This is the best nail strips that I have yet to come across, but removing them is a b*tch!!**
Hello! Today I’m reviewing Incoco Nail Polish Strips.
If you haven’t heard of them yet, Incoco is the world’s first 100% real nail polish strip. Unlike nail polish strip that are simply stickers, these strips consist of a base, color, and top coat of real nail polish. They can fit any nail size and shape, and even more, there is no dry time! Only perfect salon-quality manicures in minutes. According to Incoco, the nails should last up to 14 days.
For this review, I was sponsored 3 nail polish strips, a polish removal cloth, and nail buffer/cuticle stick. Ey, but no worries here as this review is 100% honest.
Besides the ones I chose, Incoco has hundreds of styles ranging from creme, shimmer, glitter, french, frost, sheer, neon, design, glitter design, color & design tips, pedicure, and even gel polishes! Plus it’s made in the USA and is free of DBP, toluene, and formaldehyde!
For the sake of the review today, I am going to be using the Maxed Out Tips first since the application process is more complicated and overlaps the steps for the other two.
Inside of the nail polish strips package, you get the tips, clear top coat, instructions, and two silver strips. Each set of tips and clear top coat comes with 8 nail sizes for you to choose from. I haven’t figured out what the silver strips are for however, so those remained unused.
Here’s a collage of me putting on the nail polish tips and beginning the clear top coat process. I’m not going to go into details on how to apply them since it’s fairly simple and the Incoco website has an excellent step-by-step “How to Apply” section for each type of nail strip.
Tips & Tricks:
- Clean/buff nails and push back cuticles before application
- Use immediately after opening since air will cause the nail polish to dry
- Measure carefully before you apply
- Try to get creative and do different designs
- Don’t worry too much about making mistakes since the strips can be repositioned
- Stretch strips gently for a perfect fit, but not too hard because they can rip easily!
- Apply thumbs last as you’ll most likely use them often during application
- You can save your nail strips in a sealed air tight bag if you don’t use them all
- Remove with nail polish remover
Since these nail polish strips dry when exposed to air, I resealed my leftovers back into the container and taped it up. You can do this or use a zip-lock bag. Though the leftovers can’t be used the same way for a full set of nails, I love cutting up the designs and getting creative (plus I’m a hoarder).
TA-DA! And here’s the final look of my nail polish tips with top coat. I probably shouldn’t have rushed it as much as I did and thought more about the design of my nails rather than “just getting it done.”
If I could do it all over again, I think I would have actually painted the base of my nails black and probably not be so greedy and use the entire length of the tip! I would have aligned my nail tips better in comparison to my other nails. But honestly, it still looks super cute IRL anyways.
This isn’t my first time using or reviewing nail polish strips, so I would like you to consider that when reading my overall rating below!
Incoco Nail Polish Appliqué Overall Rating: ★★★★★
- the quality of this product is exceptionally high
- Incoco website has a beautiful website design, making it easy to browse and purchase products
- each packet comes with enough for one set of nails (yes, your 10 fingers)
- there are 8 nail size widths for you to use from (3 left over sizes)
- prices on these nails are a little on the pricey side for me personally (~$10 each)
- it does sorta feel and look like nail polish from a bottle
- easy to apply, just take your time and make sure to check for wrinkles
- can be cut up to create your own unique designs
- nail sizes fit my nails perfectly (even my pinky) and that’s rare because mine are pretty thin
- awesome since theres no wait time to dry so you can’t accidentally smudge
- takes about 10-30 minutes depending on how particular to detail you are in cutting/filing/buffing your nails and applying the strips
Thanks for reading, and don’t forget to
Enter my Giveaway for a $75 Halloween Costume from iLoveSexy.com!