Hello! Today I have a review for all of you. I feel like I do a lot of reviews on mascaras and foundations, lol. I guess it may just be because I find that they are all so very essential (and duh, of course eyeliners #1)!
Giveaway details are at the end of this post if you aren’t interested in this review
Here’s one of Sephora’s most highly rated mascaras, Yves Saint Laurent Baby Doll. This was actually a gift from my good friend, Jiawen~ You can find it on Sephora.com (~$30).
YSL Baby Doll is available in two different colors, Black & Wheedler Brown. Of course, I ALWAYS go for black mascara. The darker the better!
The packaging and design of YSL products always has some sort of luxurious feel to it, don’t you agree? It might very well just be because it’s YSL, or maybe even just the shiny chrome gold look… but it’s definitely something to make every owner proud to have.
The design of the mascara brush is consisted of rubber bristles. Each of these bristles are quite short and the entire comb is the same diameter all around, and slightly smaller at the end. In comparison to Maybelline’s mascaras the comb diameter is extremely thin. As you can see better in the photo above, it’s almost the same thickness as entire length of the mascara wand! The design is supposed to help you reach every eyelash (including your baby ones), while also separating, coating, and multiplying lashes for defined volume.
As for the mascara formula, the texture and feel of it is sort of in between Maybelline and Majolica Majorca. It’s very smooth and oily, but not quite as close as the smooth oily texture of Majolica Majorca. Baby Doll’s mascara lasts 24 hours without clumps, flakes, or smudges. Actually it’s a bit difficult to remove as well if you don’t have a good eye makeup remover.
I found that the YSL Baby Doll did all that it claimed to do — perfect separation, lifts eyelashes, no flakes-clumps-smudges, volume, etc. BUT! The life of the mascara didn’t not last very long. IT’S A GREAT MASCARA FOR THE FIRST 1-2 MONTHS MAX. So price versus product? I say it’s a great product, but for what it costs, it’s not worth my money!
In the photos below, I’ve already owned the YSL Baby Doll mascara for about 1 month. When I first started using this mascara, the results looked similar to the photo below, but with less clumpy looking lashes.
Do you see the clumps?! Honestly, it’s not THAT bad. But I am picky, and I know that there are better mascaras that exist for cheaper. Also, FYI… To get this look that I have in these photos, you need to apply about 101901840912 coats of mascara. It comes out really lightly, but builds up creating more of a dramatic look.
Yves Saint Laurent Baby Doll Mascara Rating: ★★★★☆
- Great at lengthening, lifting, separating, and adds volume
- Lasts 24 hours+ and must be removed with eye makeup remover
- Doesn’t flake or smudge
- Is clump free for the first 1-2 months of use
- Mascara container dries out quickly and easily, resulting in dry clumpy application
- Takes a lot of swipes to create a dramatic look
- This is a good every day mascara as you can create a natural look, or build up for something more dramatic
- Overpriced for what it is – excellent product, but I’ll stick to what I’ve got
Enter for a chance to win one Incoco nail polish strip of your choice!
How To Enter:
- Repost the above image with the hashtag #incocoxgirl
- Follow @incocoproducts & @xlicious (via instagram)
- You must have an instagram account to participate
- Giveaway ends November 20th at 11:59PM PST
- Open to US & Canada residents only
- Winner will receive a comment on their instagram photo November 21st
You can enter here: http://instagram.com/p/gWbh63qoa1/
Thanks for reading!