Good Morning Gals!
Did any of you put a dent into your credit card like I did this past weekend? Good news is that I got most of my Christmas shopping needs over with. Bad news is that I probably won’t be able to afford to do anything for the rest of the year!
Oh, and if you haven’t noticed, my blog layout has been updated for the Christmas Season! I love this time of year so much because it truly makes me happy seeing lights everywhere. Plus, don’t forget to keep checking back because I will be having a Christmas Giveaway that you don’t want to miss! It’s gonna be good.
Now for the 15 habits you’ve been dying to read, lol.
This is everything that I try to do to stay skinny. When I do these 15 habits 100%, I loose weight, but if I do it partially, I am able to maintain my weight. I hope this helps you obtain your weight goal in time for New Years Eve! Make sure to read everything and not just the bolded text because there’s tons of tips for each habit.
15 Habits You Need To Stay Skinny Or Lose Weight:
- Drink lots of water. Not only is water good for you, but it is excellent for weight loss. Every morning you should start your day off with a glass of hot water with lemon (and honey if you like). Before each meal, drink a full glass of water. This will help with your digestion, up your metabolism, and help you to not over eat during meal times. Adding a lemon to your water at meal times also helps you eat less! (Important Note: Learn to distinguish the difference between hunger and thirst. If you feel hungry all the time, you might just be dehydrated. It’s very easy to get these two feelings confused. Don’t over eat because of dehydration!! Make sure to drink a glass of water first whenever you are feeling hungry.)
- Don’t eat late. Get into the habit of having dinner early everyday. Try to avoid eating dinner or late night snacks 2-3 hours before you plan on sleeping.
- Keep healthy foods around. Incase you are weak and end up eating a late night snack, at least eat something that you won’t feel as guilty about. Make sure to keep lots of ready to eat fruits and veggies around. Find healthy natural foods that you actually enjoy eating. I like watermelons, strawberries, and apples!
- Try to eat 5 small meals each day. You should eat as follows: 8AM Breakfast, 10:30AM Snack, 12PM Lunch, 2:30PM Snack, 6PM Dinner. I fail to do this one myself, but eating throughout the day keeps your metabolism up! Don’t forget that breakfast is the most important meal. Most of us know this but don’t do it. You don’t need to eat anything too fancy either, a simple boiled egg or banana will do it. Also make sure to eat bigger meals towards the beginning of the day and your smallest meal at dinner. For snacks, try eating almonds or a fruit!
- Portion your food. If you are eating at home, find your new favorite small bowl and only allow yourself to eat what you can fit in the bowl. Learn to portion your food before you begin eating. When eating at a restaurant, order A La Carte! Just think of it as saving yourself money. Wouldn’t you rather use your food money for new clothes or something that you can actually keep and not just poop out? If you are eating with a friend, try to order different items and just have a bite of each other’s foods. This way you both feel like you are trying more foods, thus satisfying your wanting to explore the menu. Don’t forget to decide how much you are going to eat and section out your food before you start grubbing.
- Eat foods high in fiber. You want to eat at least 21 to 25 grams of fiber each day. Fiber helps with weight loss and makes it easier for food to travel through and out of your digestive tract. Try eating raspberries, whole-wheat & brown rice (instead of white), split peas, black beans, artichokes, and more. Just Google for a list of high-fiber foods.
- Go for foods that keep you fuller longer. Believe it or not, there are actually some foods that will keep you fuller for longer! That means that you can eat less without getting hungry right away. Some of these foods are eggs, greek yogurt, avocados, apples, and almonds. Lots of these foods are also high in fiber as well! Make sure to Google foods that keep you full.
- Chicken, turkey, salmon, and tofu. If you have to pick a protein, choose something that’s lean. You can’t really go wrong with choosing chicken, turkey, salmon, or tofu. Just choose whichever one is your favorite of the four! And wherever you go to eat, one of these options is bound to be available for the dish you want to order. If not, just ask! Most restaurants are happy to make the swap for you.
- Learn to love spicy foods. Surprisingly, there is a correlation between eating spicy foods and weight loss. Those who eat spicy foods regularly tend to have higher metabolisms! Don’t get this confused with drowning your foods in hot sauce though. I’m talking about spicy foods that contain “capsaicin,” which is found in jalapeños, cayenne, and other chili peppers.
- Chew your foods thoroughly. Be sure that you eat slowly and chew! Digestion begins in your mouth. The better you chew, the easier you make it for your body to fully digest what you eat. Plus, eating slower usually results in getting fuller faster. It also helps you to ingrain in your memory what you ate, which in turn prevents you from aimlessly eating later on because you “forgot” you already ate.
- Don’t eat where you work. You should always make a habit of eating at the dining table. Studies show that if you eat where you work or while watching TV, you begin to associate your work space or watching TV with food. I don’t care how busy you are, but you should have at least 10 minutes to spare to eat without any distractions at a dining table.
- Walk around after you eat. If possible, try to avoid sitting or laying down after you finish a meal. Ideally you should take a stroll around the block or shopping plaza. If you don’t have anywhere that you can walk, just stand! Anything is better than sitting and especially sleeping!
- Weigh yourself daily. Make a habit of getting yourself on the scale everyday. If you stop weighing yourself for a while, you’ll start to find that you may start “letting yourself go.” It’s a lot easier to over eat and not feel guilty if you avoid your scale. By weighing yourself daily, you remind yourself to make health conscious decisions.
- Get regular sleep. Who would have thought that sleep can aid in weight loss? You need to get 6-8 hours of sleep daily. But that’s not all. You need to sleep at the same time every night! That’s right everyone, you can’t just get 8 hours of sleep whenever you want. The ideal time to sleep is 10PM. Your body needs and wants to follow a schedule. You’ll be at your best everyday if you have a routine, plus your new glowing skin will thank you.
- Get your body moving. No, I don’t mean that you need to go out and start running. What I mean is that whenever you have the option, you should try for what’s “healthier.” Instead of taking the elevators, take the stairs. Get up from your chair every 1-2 hours and walk around. Do some simple stretches everyday for at least one minute! You can even do these stretches while you are watching your favorite TV show!
All of these tiny little changes in your lifestyle will make a world of a difference. Not only will you look better, feel better, and lose weight, you’ll also live longer! Try following my 15 habits to stay skinny and let me know how it works out for you.
What habits do you follow to stay skinny?
Thanks for reading!