“Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen!! Don’t forget to wear sunscreen on your face before you go out, or you’ll be ugly when you’re older.”
Well arrest me, because I break this rule on the daily.
The only sunscreen that I’ve ever come to use on my face is this one here, Clarins Sunscreen Multi-Protection (~$42 from Sephora). I’ve tried so many other brands, but I just can’t stand to wear sunscreen, especially because there’s enough other stuff that I pile onto my face. Typically, I just rely on liquid foundation with SPF, but we all know that can’t be trusted.
Let me give you the low down on what’s good with Clarins Sunscreen Multi-Protection:
- formula is liquidy for easy application
- smoothes over the skin evenly without having to be forceful to spread it
- it’s basic, meaning it does the job without any unnecessary extras such as flowery scents
- the sunscreen bottle tip is easy to use, you just squeeze the bottle and the sunscreen squirts out into your palm
- sunscreen is absorbed into the skin quickly
- not oily
- works well with different types of makeup applied on top
- not entirely moisturizing, so you’ll probably still need face lotion
- bottle is easy to carry around where ever you go, plane, train, or walking
- best of all, it’s
40 SPF50 SPF (new formula)
Don’t be like me and try to look for something better. I got Shisheido after this one, and regret my decision. Clarins does the job, is tolerable, and got me to actually use it daily. You can’t ask for a better sunscreen than that!
Hey, but do let me know if you have any sunscreen suggestions, and I’ll check them out!
Bottom line: If you want to get into the routine of wearing sunscreen on yo face, try Clarins!